Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bilbo1161

Connecting InTouch 2014 to AB 1769-L33ER

4 posts in this topic

Hi
We have a project that is based on an AB 1769-L33ER and I need to connect this to our InTouch 2014 Scada system.
We have installed the latest ABCIP IO Server and are ready to connect.
Can you directly address the PLC I/O like you would on a Mitsubishi or GEFanuc plc, or does everything you want to read need to be created into a Tag that is then read via InTouch.
It is a long time since I’ve connected to an AB PLC and that would have been an old SLC 5, so I’m sure things have changed.
I have had the PLC tags dumped, but these don’t look like I would have expected them to.
Any help appreciated.

The short answer is yes to all the above.

The SLC had files.  Compact and ControlLogix use a tag database.  If you wan to directly address the I/O, look for Local:x:(I or O). Data. y

To add to what @pcmccartney1 said about I/O and grabbing it.  Because the CompactLogix/ControlLogix scan the I/O to the I/O Table asynchronous from the Logic Program a lot of programmers have a habit of introducing MapInputs and MapOutputs routines to make the I/O synchronous to the Logic.  If so you many want INTOUCH recording the synchronous tags and not the real I/O.

Thanks for the replies.

Hopefully power on this week, so will be able to try the suggested.