Shubham Thakur

Communication of S120 with Mitshubishi over profibus/Profinet

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a project where i need to communicate Siemens S120 drive with Mitshubishi Qseries PLC over Profibus. So somebody can help me with the steps how could i communicate.Since i have a profibus card in mitshubishi Connected with PLC.

Thanks and Regards

Shubham Thakur

Have you got GX works 2 and GX configurator DP installed?

I have GX works2 also GX configarator DP.

Edited by Shubham Thakur

You will also need to install GX config DP otherwise you cannot select the QJ71PB92V card.

I have already installed it and now actually i dont know what to do in the plc side also in the drive side of siemens

Edited by Shubham Thakur

16 minutes ago, Gambit said:

You will also need to install GX config DP otherwise you cannot select the QJ71PB92V card.

I have installed it but dont know what to do know in mitshubishi PLC and in Siemens S120 so if you can help me with the step by step process with some document and backup

On the side of the siemens I cannot help you but for the Mitsubishi I can tell you the basics.

Add the QJ71PB92V module to intelligent Function modules.
Double Click on the parameter under the QJ71PB92V module. (profibus configurator should open)
Add the GSD file for the Siemens S120 drive
Drag and drop form the Drives folder under global database the Siemens S120 onto the profibus network.
Give the slave a station nr (for the rest of the setup check the siemens documentation)

double Click on the master module QJ71PB92V. Select the baudrate you need (at first it best to test on a slow baudrate). press next
check Automatically generate code. press finish

Now when you close the tab a library should be created and a program for starting profibus 

Could you please help me with backup and some document where i can read it please its an request

QJ71PB92V profibus

Thankyou Gambit for your help. And yeah could you please give me anybackup regarding this.

Sure if anything is not clear let me know

If you can provide me a backup its would be helpfull for me and where i will get gsd of s120 to add in mitshubishi

I do not have a backup as i have never used the Siemens S120. The GSD file should be provided by Siemens.

Can you please provide me a link to download GX configurator DP. the one I have is not working. maybe it is corrupt.

Shubham,

You should download the manuals for the products you are using and read through it first to get an understanding of how it works.

As for the software, I believe that it is bought software and that it cannot be simply provided.

All information provided by Gambit thus far is correct.