Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jazzplayermark

Micrologix 1400 series C

6 posts in this topic

I just went to a customer site this afternoon to load software onto a new machine. When I put the processor in 'run' it immediately faulted and the error said the download didn't match the unit. So I looked at the model to make sure it was a series 'b' and it was a series 'C'.  My rslogix 500 micro doesn't show a 'c' series in the list and I have not been able to figure out how to update it. The link under the 'help' pulldown fails and I've tried to find it on the rockwell site with no luck. 

Has anyone run across this and if so how did you resolve it. I'm still looking and I'll post the answer if I find it.

Well I did find something one the Rockwell site that said that my version 11 should work with Series C. Not sure where to go at this point. 

Seems like you need to upgrade your Micro.  Can't think that they wouldn't support C with Micro.

I found it on the Rockwell site. It says that micro does support it with all versions 8.3 and newer. I'm on the latest, 11.

I just check mine. I have RSlogix Micro starter, version 12.00 and it does not list Micrologix 1400 C as an option.

Did they recently release a C series? Last year when I was shopping for a PLC Only the A and B series was listed for the 1400.

I chose the A series since I don't need the enhanced password capability for my train project.

Mike

I found the docs on Rockwell's website. Version 'C' was introduced in 2017 but it doesn't show up in the processor options inside Rslogix. If you have Rslogix version 8.3 or later it will just work on any of the options shown.

My problem turned out to be that the file I was using was created initially on an older version of Rslogix Micro starter version 9.00. As a test, I created an empty file using RsLogix micro version 11 and it worked. I then created an empty file using Rslogix micro starter and it faulted.

Then it was just a matter of of creating a new file and copying the program files over and importing the ascii files with all the symbols, names, etc.