MoonPicnic

CJ1W-EIP21 to ControlLogix

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just made this account to get an answer hopefully quickly.

I have an existing Omron CJ1M that is talking to a ControlLogix over a CJ1W-EIP21. I don't have experience in configuring Omron PLC's, but the Omron and Allen Bradley are already messaging to each other. My question is how can I get more words to be transferred between the two plc's? There are already 4 words (INTS) being transferred and are working properly but I have used up all the bits and am now needing at least 2 more words. I know in RSLogix 5000 I need to make the array size bigger, but where/how do I do that in CX-Designer?

Thank you for any help.

On the AB side, it's it's probably a Generic Ethernet Module in the IO Tree.  You must be offline to change it and then download to the PLC.

Then remember that the Omron and AB configurations must match for instance numbers, sizes and datatypes.

@pcmccartney1

I know what to do on the AB side of things. It's just I'm not sure where to find the config in the Omron side to enlarge the array size to match.

@chelton

I believe that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll give it a go here in a bit and let you know what I do. I'll have to see if I can upload what they have already in their CJ1W to the Omron Config.

Do you know how to do that already perhaps?

6 minutes ago, MoonPicnic said:

@chelton

I believe that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll give it a go here in a bit and let you know what I do. I'll have to see if I can upload what they have already in their CJ1W to the Omron Config.

Do you know how to do that already perhaps?

You have to use Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP.  It is included with CX-One. You can connect to the controller and then to the EIP21 module to upload the datalink settings.  Section 1.4 in the guide above describes using the Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP. After step 1-4-2 in the process you can connect to the network and upload from the network to see what connections are already configured.  Then you can skip adding the CJ2 PLC and just use what you have uploaded to follow the rest of the procedure.

Start Network Configurator - The configuration may have been saved. If so open the file and connect, and verify structure

Otherwise Connect then upload configuration from network

@MoonPicnic Before increasing the array size of the network variable make sure there is free memory at the end of the existing array, or change the address to an area of free memory.

@chelton Thank you for reminding me of doing that! I didn’t think of that. Thank you guys for the help. I’ll let y’all know if there’s any more issues I run into.

On 26/8/2020 at 13:20, MoonPicnic said:

Hola,

Acabo de hacer esta cuenta para obtener una respuesta con suerte rápidamente.

Tengo un Omron CJ1M existente que está hablando con un ControlLogix sobre un CJ1W-EIP21. No tengo experiencia en la configuración de PLC de Omron, pero Omron y Allen Bradley ya se están enviando mensajes. Mi pregunta es ¿cómo puedo conseguir que se transfieran más palabras entre los dos plc? Ya se están transfiriendo 4 palabras (INTS) y funcionan correctamente, pero he usado todos los bits y ahora necesito al menos 2 palabras más. Sé que en RSLogix 5000 necesito aumentar el tamaño del arreglo, pero ¿dónde / cómo lo hago en CX-Designer?

Gracias por cualquier ayuda.

Hello
How about, by chance you will have those backups that already work and the Omron communicates with the Allen Bradley

I am trying to communicate a CJ1M with a CJ1W-EIP21 Card, with a Logix Control, but I have not been successful, and from what I see the application that you have already works.

37 minutes ago, Eduardo Juarez said:

Hello
How about, by chance you will have those backups that already work and the Omron communicates with the Allen Bradley

I am trying to communicate a CJ1M with a CJ1W-EIP21 Card, with a Logix Control, but I have not been successful, and from what I see the application that you have already works.

How are you trying to communicate? AB polling CJ? Implicit or explicit?

17 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

¿Cómo intentas comunicarte? AB sondeo CJ? ¿Implícito o explícito?

Creating the tags by Network configurator, and according to me, linking them to the addresses of the tags in the cx program, and also registering the logix EN2T control card in the network, but it did not result for me.

52 minutes ago, Eduardo Juarez said:

Creating the tags by Network configurator, and according to me, linking them to the addresses of the tags in the cx program, and also registering the logix EN2T control card in the network, but it did not result for me.

Try this route: create symbols and addresses in CX-Programmer and assign instance IDs with Network Configurator.

In the Logix add a generic ethernet device and give it the IP of the CJ and the instance IDs you created (match datatypes and size).

46 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

Pruebe esta ruta: cree símbolos y direcciones en CX-Programmer y asigne ID de instancia con Network Configurator.

En Logix, agregue un dispositivo ethernet genérico y asígnele la IP del CJ y las ID de instancia que creó (coincidir con los tipos de datos y el tamaño).

Yes, that is how I have done it
Create the tags in the network, and create the generic module, but the EIP21 card will fail, and the same the generic module in logix is in Fault

21 minutes ago, Eduardo Juarez said:

Yes, that is how I have done it
Create the tags in the network, and create the generic module, but the EIP21 card will fail, and the same the generic module in logix is in Fault

Try on the output tag rockwell side, decrease the size by 2 bytes. Rockwell includes extra data in their output datalinks

50 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

Pruebe en el lado rockwell de la etiqueta de salida, disminuya el tamaño en 2 bytes. Rockwell incluye datos adicionales en sus enlaces de datos de salida

You will have already made that communication

If so, you will have an example with the programs in Omron and allen bradley?

When receiving data from Rockwell, make your receive array 4 bytes larger.  AB adds 32 bits on outbound packets.  So if you set your AB to send 30 bytes, you need to set the CJ to receive 34 bytes or the packets wont be the same size and communication will fail.