georgie125

Gx iec developer to GXWorks2 conversion

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an issue with a number of stand alone mitsubishi melsec Q series plcs that we don't have the source code for. it was written in V6.01. I've tried that plus other versions to upload to my laptop but all you get is the basic left hand side menu but its empty, nothing in Global variables or main program. Its just like your creating a new project. The backup option that creates a PCD file is also empty. The system is working fine I just want to create a back up, only way i could get anything uploaded was by using gxworks 2. I don't really want to change the software from gx iec developer to gxworks 2 but even if i did it wont compile/Rebuild All to be able to download it.

Is there anyway to upload the fulll plc code with gx iec developer? If not what is causing the 24 errors and 42 warnings that prevents it from compiling and how could i clear them.

Is it possible to convert the gxworks 2 file back to gx iec developer that would give you an accurate copy of the code?

any help with this much appreciated

Edited by georgie125
missed out a question

Well this depends if the source code(symbolic info) was send to the PLC. 

source code.JPG

If it wasn't then you can upload the program with any GX DEV / IEC or Works 2 but it will be the compiled code.

The error after the upload are probably just about the the system vars which the compiler of iec uses when you do not define an adress.
Now that you've uploaded the compiled code they are now used.So you will get an error when compiling.
So all you have to do is go to the option in the GX IEC Dev and change the system vars 

If you have any additional errors just post the error code or program so I can take a look.

Edited by Gambit

p..s. I would recommend to start converting to GX works 2 at least as GX IEC Developer is not supported by Mitsubishi anymore.
So you will get issues with Windows o.s. The change should not be much of an impact.

Edited by Gambit

Thanks alot for the advice Gambit. I'm not very experinced with plcs especially mitsubishi ones. I don't quite follow what you mean by change the variables in gx iec develper? I get about 23 errors amd even increasing the allowable compile error amount it still wont compile.

So its Gx iec developer 7.04 .pro file and i used the gxworks2 Open Other Data to load itb into gxworks and this is the compile result. Any help much appreciated.

Screenshot (1).png

Hi

In this case you need to excange the functions manually. Select it then type "BMOV" and press enter. 

Good luck