Cjohan

Copy Of Add on instruction

7 posts in this topic

Good Day 

I need some expert Advice. I  have a Add on instruction in my software for Belt control. So lets say we have 10 conveyor belts that work the same , i use this function block to program all of them just with different names and parameters 

Now one one of the belts needs an extra button for confirmation of starting. 

Now my Big question is : CAN i copy that Add on instruction and just edit the program rename it and use it as a different function block ? Or will the parameters that is in the one that is copied 

conflict with the original add on instruction ? 

What would be the easiest way ?

1 person likes this

Short version - yes you can. You can add to the original and use that if the belt has a different processor. The easiest is to do it the way you outlined it here

Hi Michael 

Thank you for the reply. I am with you with regards to a different processor. Could i do this on the same processor as the rest ?

If you can download to the processor with no consequences then you can modify the aoi offline and download. If you need to keep line running then modify it offline, change the name, and import 

Michael 

Thank you very very much . Your experience is well deserved 

Regards 

Hi Michael

With regards to the above , i copied and paste the aoi, gave it another name. But for some reason it gives me a error when i verify the rung in the main programm structure in my Control_belts Function . It says the following 

Error: Rung 1, Belt1, Operand 0: Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type.

Not sure what this mean , i tried to change parameters and names but i still have this ? Any idea what this can be ?

Could it be that i did not Call it in the main routine Block ?

Regards 

Can you post a picture?  More than likely, you did change the name of the tag, but did you create the tag in the database?