Followers 0
RonnieB

NT631C\NTST\System Installer

3 posts in this topic

Tried: NTST V4.87, NTST 4.8, NT system installer V2.0

Cables:

xw2z-s002

c200h-cn229-eu

When I try to download a program to the PT it states that the version specified is not the same as the version in the PT. In NTST I am specifying it as a NT631C V3 (system version 3.1/4.1) under tools; PT Configuration. If I am looking in the correct place under expansion; system version; then the version in the screen is 2.1h. When I try to run the System installer, click the direct access omron driver, go it continually gives a comm error. I have been through device manager to double check comm settings, checked that the panel, on port A, is set to None. I have tried the system installer and NTST on two different laptops and received the same version mismatch with NTST and comm error with System Installer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded/downloaded from different PT's with this cable and can't find an issue. 

*since this post we created a blank program designed for NT631c-V1 System ver 2.1. The NTST allowed the program to be sent to the PT. It runs. 

Judging by the "model" number pictured, this should be a V3 and should have a system program of v4.0/v4.1. System installer will not allow this panels system program to be updated.

Last update: We opened "system installer mode" by pressing the top left corner and reset on the back of the PT. This allowed the NT series system installer V2.00 to send the correct 4.12 version of the Omron Direct Access program. After that we could send the application to the PT using NTST. Why it came with version 2.1H being a V3 PT.... God only knows, but this is how to replace the system program and fix the issue. Hopefully it will help someone. 

NT631c.jpg

Edited by RonnieB

The V3 in the part number indicates a HARDWARE revision, not software.

I realize that it is the hardware revision, but what I didn't understand was why the manual showed that the "system program version" should have been newer than 2.1 for a V3 PT.

NT631c Manual.jpg