Sleepy Wombat

Custom screen saver on Panelview 5310 screen

5 posts in this topic

There is a screen saver function for the Panel view 5310. It utilises a AB logo splash. I would like a custom image to be the splash for the screen saver. The literature seems to suggest you can display a path to the screen saver image. This returns a blank text when i used on the screen. I did load an image into the project, however can find no way to point the screen saver to the image.
Has any one else tried this/had any success with it. Very frustrating. Any help appreciated

You said that you added an image to the project, so I assume that means the project you downloaded to the PanelView. If so, I believe that image will only show up when the project is running, and will only do so on any displays where you've featured it. 

I think the screen saver display is a function of the PanelView, itself and is not a part of the downloaded FactoryTalk application, but the majority of my experience is with PanelView 6 & 7s. The attached user manual (page 53) doesn't give a lot of clarification on how to get a non-default screen saver installed & displayed on the PanelView. It just shows how to enable and adjust the screen saver settings. But I would start with the PanelView configuration settings. It's bound to buried in there somewhere. 

Hopefully someone who knows the 5300s a lot better than I do will jump in give a more direct solution.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2713p-um001_-en-p.pdf

Just searched the KnowledgeBase and found that it is not possible to change the screen saver.

ID: QA39771 | Access Levels: TechConnect

Change the screen saver image on the PanelView 5000 terminal

Thanks.. the manual was a bit misleading.. so I thank you for following up. Cheers

Welcome back Mr. Wombat!