Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ltmartin

Proworx32 and Remote Rack Power supplies

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Have on older Quantum PLC that I am new to and had to change out power supplies.  We had redundant 140CPS12400 power supplies and one was failing in service and was alarming constantly to our DCS HMI.  Our local storehouse had the replacement 140CPS12420 supplies but found out from Schneider that both supplies on the remote rack needed to be changed as the new models do not play nice with the older ones.

I replaced the modules successfully and the rack has full power restored with all modules happy.  The problem remaining is that the status of the new supplies in Proworx32 has flagged both supplies as failed and hence sends alarms to our DCS system that both have failed.  Is there a reset of some sort in the PLC program?  I looked through the program to see if there was a hardware configuration change required to let the system know of the new part number but came up empty.  I traced the ladder logic back to the STAT command from the processor.

I am hoping that there is a reset somewhere that I am missing.  Everything if functioning normally but I would not get a failure alarm if one was to fail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee. 

Hi Itmartin,

you need to open our Proworx application and replace old power supplies with new one. So your hardware configuration in the application should match the existing hardware and then rebuild the application. After that the error will disappear. 

The Proworx32 should be used to update the traffic cop/ memory map in the PLC for sure. 

That should correct how the STAT block responds to the card, eliminating the error.

Hi,

Thanks to you both.  I see what I need to do now.  In trying it today it looks like I need to stop the PLC in order to make a hardware modification to clear this error.  Is this true even though the rail has power?

yes normally with a hardware change you need to stop the plc