Rolf_Inge

GT Designer 3: Easy editing of templates (copy/paste from excel)

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I am looking for a way to efficiently add and edit objects created from a template. I had hoped to be able to paste directly from excel, but that is not possible. All i want to change for a template are the four numbers following the "M". Best would be to have a variable in the template that is included in all strings, but this is perhaps too much to ask?

For example i want to change everything with M1477 to M1495. How should this be done?

Cheers!

Template propery.PNG

Edited by Rolf_Inge

Why not use a Dut instead on the PLC side and use offset on the GT designer so you only need to enter one address?

40 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Why not use a Dut instead on the PLC side and use offset on the GT designer so you only need to enter one address?

I am using a STRUCT / DUT on the PLC side, or rather two. How would you go about it on GT side?

Just noticed but the offset function only supports a register no constants 

so you would have to then make some labels and give them the correct value via a script.

23 hours ago, Gambit said:

Just noticed but the offset function only supports a register no constants 

so you would have to then make some labels and give them the correct value via a script.

Thanks for info. But I will just keep haggling with this and advise with the Mitsubishi contact on monday. To establish how many hours i can save, and how many i have wasted so far :)