scotty134

Servo amp R88D-1S wall mount quick disconnect for motors

5 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone!

Our company is trying to make a quick disconnect for motors that connect tp servo amplifier R88ND-1S. As I know Omron doesn't have any options to do it or make an extension cable. Does anyone tried to cut the cable and make custom connector? If yes, could you share your experience? I'm afraid of having issue with encoder count.

Thank you in advance!

Scotty.

Omron does sell the connectors so you can make a custom cable.  Part numbers are in the catalog, I821, page 106.

1S_series_I821-E1_7_3.pdf

3 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Omron does sell the connectors so you can make a custom cable.  Part numbers are in the catalog, I821, page 106.

1S_series_I821-E1_7_3.pdf

Thank you! As I can see in the manual, Omron doesn't offer any sort of extension cables for Servos 100V/200V up to 400W. My current application uses 2x 100V 400W servos that needs to be disconnected for quick replacement by customer request. I thought that worst case scenario we need to use a short cable, cut it and make a wall-mount connector on face of enclosure with servos. 

The encoder cable I think uses a standard FireWire type plug.  I bet you can find panel mount version of any of the connectors using those manufacturer part numbers.

Thanks! I will try to mess up with 1 set of cables.