cal04

How to see who made changes

6 posts in this topic

Hello I am wondering if there is a way to see who made changes to a program on Q series plc using the iq works softwere

Not that I am aware of.  GX Works2 or GX Works3?  A bit more detail may help others try to answer you.

I think cal04 is looking for something similar to change tracking or history for the purposes of FDA reporting and validation efforts.  If that's not what is being asked, I'll remove my post.  CFR 21.11 compliance?

Edited by pcmccartney1

that is what I am needing it for because anyone in the department can get on with a usb cable and make changes then no one will tell you who made the change and we are using gx works 2

2 hours ago, pcmccartney1 said:

I think cal04 is looking for something similar to change tracking or history for the purposes of FDA reporting and validation efforts.  If that's not what is being asked, I'll remove my post.

3 hours ago, cal04 said:

that is what I am needing it for because anyone in the department can get on with a usb cable and make changes then no one will tell you who made the change and we are using gx works 2

Password? So juat who have the password can make changes?

i never worked at One place where anyone can do whatever they want

You have version control in GX Works 2. Which will log the versions when saving for instance and the user if users are made.

However this will not track changes made to the PLC done via another project file. 
If you need this i would propose you like at something like version dog from auvesy. This will track changes made in your plant for multiple product including System Q.

https://auvesy.com/en/versiondog