Zamora

Problem opening 'Used Device' in KGL_WIN for Windows

2 posts in this topic

Good day everybody,

I have been having issues with opening KGL_WIN for Windows in general, which as of now have been mostly solved, but I have found in particular that whenever I wish to open the 'Used Device' or 'Device Reference' tabs, the program simply crashes. Previously, these options and the program as a whole worked just right.

About KGL_WIN, the current version is KGL_WIN for Windows 3.66, Copyright (C) 1999 LSIS. It appears as a "CLIP MFC Application", but I do not know much about what this means.

I have already tried opening in rebooting my PC multiple times, using compatibility mode (Windows 98/ME), using scaling settings, etc, which have helped open the actual program but not the Device Reference tabs.

Unfortunately I am not able to share images from this computer.

Hopefully somebody knows of a way to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.

[UPDATE]

I managed to get it working again. After rebooting my PC (again), I tried to open KGL_WIN but the program wouldn't even start up.

I went into the program properties and set these compatibilities settings:

• Compatibility Mode: Windows 98/Me
  • Run in 640x480 screen resolution
  • Run this program as administrator
  • Program DPI
    • Use this setting to fix scaling problems
    • Use the DPI that's set for my main display when: I open this program
    • Override high DPI behavior
      • Scaling performed by: Application

I hope this is helpful for anybody that may encounter this issue in the future, although this software is so outdated I seriously doubt it, haha!

In any case, an important detail may be that I am running Windows 10 on my PC. I'll try to update this post if I find anything else that is useful regarding this topic.

Cheers!