prabbit

Could not open file

13 posts in this topic

I received three programs from the machine builder but CX programmer cannot open the file. This program is done using version 9.7. Please see attached screenshot and program files.

---------------------------
CX-Programmer v9.6
Could not open file C:\Users\naninon\Documents\MMC  MACHINES\P4546¦¦-=\Assy P4546C cp1h-IP-3.cxp
OK   

Assy P4546C cp1h-IP-3.cxp

Pinning P4546B cp1h-IP-2.cxp

Shrink P4546D IP4 .cxp

I was able to open the three files just fine.  

1 hour ago, Michael Walsh said:

I was able to open the three files just fine.  

Me too, BUT symbols, tasks etc. in unrecognizable, weird looking language??

Edited by BITS N BYTES

Yes, that is very likely.

2 hours ago, prabbit said:

I received three programs from the machine builder but CX programmer cannot open the file. This program is done using version 9.7. Please see attached screenshot and program files.

CX-Programmer v9.6
Could not open file C:\Users\naninon\Documents\MMC  MACHINES\P4546¦¦-=\Assy P4546C cp1h-IP-3.cxp
OK   

Assy P4546C cp1h-IP-3.cxp

Pinning P4546B cp1h-IP-2.cxp

Shrink P4546D IP4 .cxp

What version of CX programmer you were using guys? I don't understand why my version 9.75 cannot open it!

3 hours ago, prabbit said:

Something looks very strange about the "P4546¦¦-=" directory. Have you tried copying your cxp files to another directory?

2 hours ago, prabbit said:

What version of CX programmer you were using guys? I don't understand why my version 9.75 cannot open it!

Currently version 9.75 on one computer and 9.73 on another computer.

Both show weird symbols, tasks etc. in unrecognizable, weird looking language??

Where is your from machine builder located?

If they installed CX-One in another geographical region that might explain the weird language issue?

1 hour ago, BITS N BYTES said:

Both show weird symbols, tasks etc. in unrecognizable, weird looking language??

I don't think this is necessarily a problem with opening the file. CX Programmer does not use Windows language switch. I've seen this many times before with programs written in another language. The strange characters in the program (in our case) is the English encoding of a foreign language. I've actually been able to copy the strange characters from CX Programmer and paste them into Excel and make them legible foreign characters. (With that language installed in Windows). Japanese in my case. I still couldn't read it but they were real Japanese characters.

Edit:  Just wanted to note that I created the same directory and still opened the file OK with CX Programmer Version 9.75.

Edited by IO_Rack

I was able to open the project and its really showing weird characters - like ASCII. The program comes from the far east, where the machine come from. I cannot figure out of what is really the cause of the problem. I tried to translate it to English but the translation is way to far from PLC terminology.

It is in a font (maybe Chinese?) that you don't have on your PC.  You need to find out what the font is, get the font, then you may have a chance of translating it online.

I got an answer from our Omron distributor. They sent the program to Omron for evaluation. Omron, found out that the program used to develop the project is specifically for Chn and the operating system used to run the program is called Kanji (first time I heard of this thing), somewhat like equivalent to Windows in Chn.

Kanji is Japanese text.  It has nothing to do with the OS.

What's happening is the number of characters in their language requires 2 bytes to create a single character.  English only uses 1 byte per character, so the software installed on an English OS cannot interpret the dual byte characters.  So the 'weird language' you are seeing is the 2 byte characters being interpreted as two single byte characters that make no sense.

You will need to open it on an OS which supports dual byte, such as Chinese or Japanese.