mindoverflow

FX2n incorrect latch range

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an FX2N that got a corrupted program after the battery went flat. The PROG-E led is lit.

I don't have a copy of the program, but I managed to read it from the PLC.

Attached is the read program, it reports an incorrect latch range plus a bunch of errors.

Any hints are appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards.

backup_fx2n.zip

1 person likes this

Firstly you will have to set the "Latch" within the settable range 

Parameters.PNG

1 person likes this

Secondly. You will have to contact the machine builder for a backup of the program as there is many parts of the program that was corrupted . If this is not possible and you know the machine sequence by hart you will be able to fill in the missing parts.

Good Luck

Always have the current backups at hand and do not wait until disaster strikes ..................

Program.PNG

1 person likes this

Thank you.

Unfortunately there is no backup and I can't rebuild the program because the operating process is not clear. The manufacturer isn't cooperative, they want to squeeze as much money as possible, they offer to sell the EEPROM for about 1600$. A lesson learned here.

I'm curious, why did only a part of the program got corrupted while the plugged card is labeled as EEPROM not volatile memory.

I did read from the software the (main program+parameters) and (main+parameters+device memory). Is there anything special for the eeprom?