Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate Hammersmith

Comments getting Lost in "Transfer From" during sync

5 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Slight problem, hoping its easy to fix. I have 6 projects on the floor with multiple programmers and laptops. When another programmer hops on a machine with a different laptop, my NX102-9020 says that the comments were not stored and cannot be retrieved. Is there a way to Store them in the PLC for upload without having to export comments and then import via CSV? Any help is appreciated. Note: I also lose my rung comments which I am most upset about on Really Really big programs.

Thanks,

Nate

There's no reason I can think of why comments are not in the controller.  It's part of the source code which is transferred to the controller when you download, unless you choose not to download the source code.

I've never seen that message from Sysmac Studio ever.  Used to see it a lot with CX-Programmer when the programmer didn't transfer the comments.

What version of Studio?  Is everyone using the same version?

19 hours ago, Crossbow said:

There's no reason I can think of why comments are not in the controller.  It's part of the source code which is transferred to the controller when you download, unless you choose not to download the source code.

I've never seen that message from Sysmac Studio ever.  Used to see it a lot with CX-Programmer when the programmer didn't transfer the comments.

What version of Studio?  Is everyone using the same version?

Yes, everyone is using the same version. It also happens with the same computer uploading the program. I have an example of what is telling me.

Comment Error.jpg

Still struggling to find a solution to losing comments. I have one of my programmers doing some experiments on different reasons why we might be losing. I am thinking it might be a potential address issue that NJ doesn't like. I lose rung comments, variable comments, element comments, etc.

Edited by Nate Hammersmith