Gokul-GMEC

Reading High speed input in NX1P2

5 posts in this topic

Im using  one PNP sensor that is used  to detect the every motor rotation. My PLC is NX1P2-1040DT and my motor maximum rpm is 12000. How can i read the sensor input and convert it into RPM using built in NX1P2 Inputs.

Kindly give suggestion

Thanks all 

It's not meant to do that internally.  You should use a pulse input module.  NX-PGxxxx would be the best option.

Typical cycle time for NX1P2 is 2ms, input filter of 1ms, so 200 pulses per second is about the limit for input speed.

Are you sure the sensor is fast enough to actuate on and off 200 times per second?

Yes the sensor speed is 200 times per second, first I have checked with CP1E PLC I get the correct rpm until 8000rpm reached, above 8000rpm its value varies, so i decided go for NX1P2 PLC but in NX PLC rpm varies even from 3000rpm.

Is cp1e is better than NX1p2 in reading input???

Edited by Gokul-GMEC

Both the NX1P2 and the CP1E are designed for motion control. The NX1P2 has built-in EtherCat for motion control and the CP1E has built-in High Speed I/O for pulse motion control.

If you want to do pulse (high speed) input or output with the NX1P2 then you'll need an NX-PGxxx module as Crossbow has suggested.

1 person likes this