EL-HADIRI

SUPERVISION WITH CP1W-CIF41

11 posts in this topic

HELLO !

i'm beginner on omron and i would like get your help .

i'm trying to establish a communication between an API CP1L-M40 and my computer using CP1W-CIF41.

i have succeed this step, now i can upload/Download the program from and tp the PLC .

my problem start when i try to use CX-DESIGNER   and  create a supervision , i can't link between the CX-DESIGNER  and the PLC .

1 person likes this

Do you have an NS touch screen or are you attempting to simulate in CX Designer?

To simulate CX Designer with a real PLC:

Create a PLC connection in CX Designer. PT > Communication settings... Serial PortA, Change Serial Port drop down to PLC. (Make appropriate settings)

To simulate:  Choose Tools > Test... Connect to PLC. Then choose the Host Name. By default, it will be SERIALA.

thank you for your reply .
i don't have an NS touch screen , i work only with computer and i would like to do a supervision from my computer not in an NS touch screen .

and i use the ETHERNET  using CP1W-CIF41 .

i don't know if there is a different between the cx-designer and cx-supervision . cause i don't have  an NS touch screen and i work with  cx-designer , should i use cx-supervision rather than cx-designer ?

I have not used CX Supervisor in a very long time. I see that it is still available. https://automation.omron.com/en/us/products/family/CX%20Supervisor

I would think that it would be a viable option for your application but I would defer to other forum members here to confirm this. I would also check with your local Omron distributor. They may be able to supply you with a demo.

I do know the CP1W-CIF41 supports Omron's FINS protocol. This is common with most of Omron's products.

To create screens on a PC, you should be using a SCADA software, such as Indusoft.  CX-Designer does offer a licensed mode for creating a CX-Designer project and running it on a PC, it's called NS-Runtime.  But you need to buy a license.  You can't just design something in CX-Designer and run it forever on the PC without a license. 

Crossbow, He saying, "cx-supervision " but I took that to mean CX Supervisor (at least in my second post). Omron's SCADA package. I'm not well versed with it. 

On 7/10/2020 at 0:46 PM, IO_Rack said:

Crossbow, He saying, "cx-supervision " but I took that to mean CX Supervisor (at least in my second post). Omron's SCADA package. I'm not well versed with it. 

No sir, he said using CX-Designer to create a supervision... I assume he means a display.

I misunderstood.

If you are choosing a SCADA (PC application) then I would go with Crossbow's suggestion. Indusoft will give you more function, it supports Omron PLCs as well as many others.

hello 

yes  Crossbow , i want to create a SCADA (PC application), i find that it's possible to work with CX-SUPERVISOR but i don't have a licence .

my real probleme is in the hardware , exactly with the option bord CP1W-CIF41, i want know if it's possible to work with it to create a SCADA and communicate between th PC and API using this carte 

3 hours ago, EL-HADIRI said:

i find that it's possible to work with CX-SUPERVISOR but i don't have a licence .

Yes, you are correct. Contact your local Omron distributor. They may be able to supply you with a demo.

3 hours ago, EL-HADIRI said:

my real probleme is in the hardware , exactly with the option bord CP1W-CIF41, i want know if it's possible to work with it to create a SCADA and communicate between th PC and API using this carte 

Yes SCADA is possible with the CP1W-CIF41. If I'm not mistaken, all of Omron's Ethernet ports will communicate via FINS protocol. I know the CP1W-CIF41 will. https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1212

CX-Supervisor is just one of many SCADA software options.  There are others that can also communicate with that CPU, such as Indusoft.