AmirB

melsec medoc error

10 posts in this topic

Hi Mr.PLC Members,

I have Mitsubishi FX16MT unit, I'm trying to transfer programs to it using melsec medoc version 1.64b but I can't 

I'm receiving error "no reply from PLC system",I'm using 25 pin to 9 pin cable and I tried also to connect it with usb to serial cable but the same error appeared 

my setup:

PLC system        FX

Bit rate                 300

word length          7

parity                    Even

stopbits                 2

"windows XP"

Attached are photo of my unit with my cables and the error of the program

107041312_763295107813918_4084619410119646670_n.jpg

107266093_2624971077718876_6910334722012404030_n.jpg

A serial cable will not work you have to use a Mitsubishi SC09 cable. The PLC is not RS232 the SC09 cable converts the RS232 to RS485 or RS422 l don’t remember of hand. You can bye these from EBay but be carful of some of the sites ideally try to get a genuine cable which is an orange coloured one.

Rodney

1 person likes this

Like @Rodneysaid you'll need the SC09. You can also get these USB versions from https://www.diatrend.com/ which work pretty good.

Also you can windows applications GX Developer or GX Works 2 instead od Melsec medoc DOS.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Rodney said:

A serial cable will not work you have to use a Mitsubishi SC09 cable. The PLC is not RS232 the SC09 cable converts the RS232 to RS485 or RS422 l don’t remember of hand. You can bye these from EBay but be carful of some of the sites ideally try to get a genuine cable which is an orange coloured one.

Rodney

Thank you Mr Rodney, my plc output is 25pin port and I have an old PC has 9pin female and other 9pin male ports  so I bought a 25 to 9 pin female cable I used it to communicate the plc but I get the same error 

Attached photo of plc port & the cable I'm using.

Sorry If I didn't understand you well

IMG_20200707_143511.jpg

Hi AmirB

As l said in my post the cable you have will not work. You require a cable from Mitsubishi SC09 this cable has electronics in it that.   converts the RS232 signal coming from your computer. To RS485/RS422 that your PLC uses when reading and writing to your         computer. As gambit said in his post if you have USB available on your computer you can buy a USB version that would work. But the simple way wold be to get the SC09 cable.

good luck 

Rodney 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

Like @Rodneysaid you'll need the SC09. You can also get these USB versions from https://www.diatrend.com/ which work pretty good.

Also you can windows applications GX Developer or GX Works 2 instead od Melsec medoc DOS.

Thank you Mr Gambit.

I tried GX Developer but it doesn't have 

My unit type, it has all FX series except mine

I have FX 16MT &A0J2

This seems to be a difficult topic to explain. I just happened to have this from another post.

MrPLC_SC09_Explained.JPG.fd922f607be98a2

1 person likes this

On 07/07/2020 at 3:34 PM, Rodney said:

Hi AmirB

As l said in my post the cable you have will not work. You require a cable from Mitsubishi SC09 this cable has electronics in it that.   converts the RS232 signal coming from your computer. To RS485/RS422 that your PLC uses when reading and writing to your         computer. As gambit said in his post if you have USB available on your computer you can buy a USB version that would work. But the simple way wold be to get the SC09 cable.

good luck 

Rodney 

Thank you very much mr Rodney 

I just got the cable"sc09" and it works very good 

Thank you again for your time

On 07/07/2020 at 3:34 PM, Rodney said:

On 07/07/2020 at 8:40 AM, Gambit said:

Thank you Mr Gambit

Gx developer work great 

When I select plc type FXU

Thanks again for your time

AmigaB

l am pleased you are now sorted.

good luck

Rodney

1 person likes this