Ocky

FX3U-ENET Email Function

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance relating to the FX3U-ENET module. Note, I am only a beginner trying to learn about the FX-PLC as I go.

My aim is to have various events in the FX3U PLC send an email with some information within the email text body. The programming of the PLC for the event sequence seems to be going well but getting the ENET module to send the message is my problem.

I am programming the ENET module parameters using FX-Configurator which appears to take the commands and that seems OK

Reading the ENET manual it appears that the email server, DNS server and Proxy Server, need to be within the same local network as the PLC. See the page I have attached that states that the "Access range of the Ethernet module" is within the local network, and that "the Ethernet module does not send and receive emails directly via the internet connection, the mail server sends and receives emails".

So taking that information at face value, it appears I need a mail server and a DNS server? My question is that correct and is there any easy option to achieve this? I have had a play around installing hmailserver on my PC as my local mail server and it seems to work. The message starts to send but I get an Error on the ENET module, checking FX-Configurator diagnostics it says i have a C103 error,  DNS settings incorrect.• Check the DNS mail address./ Check the content of the DNS setting . So this may refer to the DNS server needing to be on the local network? Setting up a DNS server, let alone a mail server seems to be a whole lot of trouble and not practical for the task of sending email messages. Is there an easier option? Am I reading the manual correct relating to the servers within the local network?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

20200704_153700.jpg

The module is designed to talk to an email server on the local network as you said.  I don't think DNS has to be enabled if you configure the module to talk to the mail server by its IP address... but last time I touched this module was about 9 years ago.

1 person likes this

On 7/6/2020 at 4:36 AM, Crossbow said:

The module is designed to talk to an email server on the local network as you said.  I don't think DNS has to be enabled if you configure the module to talk to the mail server by its IP address... but last time I touched this module was about 9 years ago.

Thanks. I will keep trying.