SillyBoy

Crack the Password of Omron PLC

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

One of my client have extruder machine, which is bought from china at least 10 years.

Now one temperature control module is failed and we need to replace and re-configure it with new module.

OEM is out of contact, and the PLC and HMI is protected with UM and task Read Password.

Is it possible to read or crack the Password ?

(CPU Model CJ1M-CPU11) 

You will have to contact Omron.

1 hour ago, IO_Rack said:

You will have to contact Omron.

Company never support such cases, they are alternatively giving option to buy new PLC and HMI and reprogram the machine.

Omron will crack a password for you if you have the company that is trying to crack the password sign a letter saying that they own the rights to the program inside.  They will not help someone illegally bypass a password.

Hi,

You can start doing the plc / hmi conversion, if you knew how the machine works, what are the conditions required, safety, etc.  The electrical schematic diagram will also be a big help, once you start doing the plc/ hmi re-programming.

if you have spare plc / hmi unit, then you can make your program, and ask for technical assistance from your local omron, as you develop your own program/s.  There are tons of information / advise in this forum, and members / admins are very helpful, and will go an extra mile to help you...... if you can show them what you have started doing.

If in-house re-programming is not a viable option for you, you can ask outside service integrator to help you out ( for a fee ).

Just my opinion....

Posted (edited)

@LD_M How the re-program downloading is possible if the program password is combined with overwrite protection? May be without password crack it's not possible. I don't know if it work's with clear data memory in any other way.

Edited by Abdul Wajid

If the over write protection was also checked, then it would be difficult to access the plc unit.  He has to contact his local omron support team, for technical assistance.

This topic was also discussed in details in this link....https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/29843-fail-to-clear-memory/.

So it is much to purchase the rights to the plc / hmi programs, so that the maintenance guys will not experience having this issue....

Maybe I can help you,let me your email.

It is against the terms of service on this forum to discuss cracking of passwords.