IVS

RS LOGIX 5000 V15

3 posts in this topic

My Hard Disc was crashed.  after I re installed RS logix 5000 V15 Software and re hosted & activated license and I restored the program backup. i have taken controller online and it is ok , but analog scaling blocks which are in FBD  were not enabled. I have only one license (i.e RS LOGIX 5000 Standard ) my query is, is there any separate  FBD license  to be activate  to enable this scaling blocks or not?. please help me to resolve this issue.

To view routines in FBD, SFC, or ST, you will need a higher license of Logix 5000 or a language pack add-on. With the add-ons, you can buy them individually or as a multi-pack. The multi-pack is more expensive than each individual language but far cheaper than buying all of them individually.

You only need the language license to look at the code. You can upload/download without it.

It's possible you have a language pack license already. Were you able to open them before? If so, try to find the activation certificate for your language pack. If you can't find it, reach out to Rockwell and ask them what to do to re-send the certificate so you can re-host it.

you are still using V15 :-0 ... What PLC are you using, I am just curious?  A lot of the newer replacement PLC's have the tag on them, with big warnings not to flash firmware below V16.  

Yes, rslogix still has different packages offered. RSLogix5000 standard is garbage in my eyes. Go for RSLogix5000 professional, rslogix5000 full edition or RSLogix5000 oem, ... those cover almost everything.

Also, Rockwell offers a lease option on their software (maybe worth to go that route). It allows you to download every version.