pcmccartney1

1769-SDN Odd LED Display

6 posts in this topic

Was sent a picture of a 1769-SDN with both 8-Segement LEDs showing the upper for segments lit up as a small square.  In otherwords, not a normal large square or 00.  Has anyone encountererd this before?  Looked at manuals and this LED arrangement is not described.

image000000.jpg

Edited by pcmccartney1

Not sure Guru.  Rereading Chapter 8, I now notice that the Module and Network lights are off, indicating no power applied.  Just wondering if the bus connector tab is slightly ajar or bent pins on either the SDN or the right side of the power supply.

This is all new out of the box equipment.  I personally remoted in to my shop in Georgia (from Colorado) and programmed the system and tested before shipment to North Carolina.

Part of the troubleshooting on the solid red light(s) is checking for improperly seated module connectors and/or ends caps. It's possible some things came loose during shipping or installation at the module's final location. The module also could've been damaged during shipping. 

Update!  Finally got someone on site.  Turns out someone added a node at address 00 which conflicted with the 1769-SDN at 00.  Told that they were seeing a 70, but no one every said that before.  Had them change the offending node to it's proper address at 52 and everything went back to normal.

1 person likes this

That's a lucky break! The book would have you believe that either you have an unrecoverable fault (which is what I was leaning towards) or "critical network failure". Duplicate node address qualifies as the latter, lol.

Glad you got it figured out, and more so that it was an easy fix!