ILC_H

PC to PLC Kommunikation

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

i want to connect my PC to the PLC(RSLogix5561)  over TCP/IP. In rslinx the Ethernet driver are configured. My PLC IP Adresse is 192.168.1.100 and my PC Adresse is 192.168.1.105. From my PC i can successfully ping the PLC IP Adresse, but from the PLC i can't see my PC. And it does'nt schow in RSlinx. Is there anything i am missing?

ILC_H a TCP/IP Device Identity is normally three parts {Address, Mask, Gateway}.  You only list the Address.  I would check the mask in your case it should be 255.255.255.0 for optimum performance.  The Gateway can be left blank or set to the router/switch/hub IP Address.

Once you're sure your Masks are correct then you'll need to configure a driver in RSlinx for the PLC.  THe RSLink Help gives pretty good instruction on this. You'll want an ethernet driver.

Once you have a configured driver your PLC should show up in RSWHO.  If it says "unrecognized device" try right clicking and uploading and installing the EDS.

1 person likes this

On ‎26‎.‎06‎.‎2020 at 4:51 PM, BobLfoot said:

ILC_H a TCP/IP Device Identity is normally three parts {Address, Mask, Gateway}.  You only list the Address.  I would check the mask in your case it should be 255.255.255.0 for optimum performance.  The Gateway can be left blank or set to the router/switch/hub IP Address.

Once you're sure your Masks are correct then you'll need to configure a driver in RSlinx for the PLC.  THe RSLink Help gives pretty good instruction on this. You'll want an ethernet driver.

Once you have a configured driver your PLC should show up in RSWHO.  If it says "unrecognized device" try right clicking and uploading and installing the EDS.

Thanks you for your reply Boblfoot, i forgot to mention the mask. Yes i set it to 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway to 0.0.0.0. On the PLC an Ethernet driver is already configured. There is already one PC connected to the PLC. do i have to configure the Ethernet driver on my PC too?

1 person likes this

Yes, configure the driver in RSLinx.  Alternately, you could backup the RSLinx in the other PC and restore it to this PC.

19 hours ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Yes, configure the driver in RSLinx.  Alternately, you could backup the RSLinx in the other PC and restore it to this PC.

the other PC doesn't need rslinx, since it's the Client. I  configured rslinx on the Server. Now with the help of the IT the communication between both Server and Client work. Still i can't see the OPC Server on MatrikonOPC explorer

ILC_H please correct where I have missed something.

You have a PLC with IP of 192.168.1.100 Mask 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 0.0.0.0.

You have PC A  at IP 192.168.1.105 Mask 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 0.0.0.0 it is the Server and has RSLinx Installed and can see the PLC in RS-WHO.

You have PC B at IP 192.168.1.X Mask 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 0.0.0.0 it is the CLient , does not have RSLinx and has a MakitronOPC explorer that can't see the PLC.

For RSLinx to serve up tags to an OPC Client you'll need a topic cnfigured.  ALso if CLient and Server aren't on the same PC you'll need RSlinx Gateway Edition and your TI department may need to adjust some DCOM Security settings.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this