Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobodopalus

setting date cp1l

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

im currently using the DATE instruction to set the PLC's date and time via the HMI which is an NB7W which i have working but i am currently setting each byte of the words being used in DATE by using numerical inputs in NB designer and entering integer and decimal to set these bits in DATE and its a bit ugly to say the least.

is there a way on nb designer to only modify bytes or am i going to have to used full words on nb designer and use MOVD in cx programmer to assign them to their correct byte

CURRENT SETUP

always on DATE using d50=d53

date.png

Use HMI internal RTC clock by setting the time in System setting mode (DIP switch 1 & 2 ON & cycle HMI power). Then back to user project mode use Date/Time tag occurs in Function parts & with every tag map the internal registers Address type LW 10000=Second, 10001=Minutes, 10002=Hours, 10003=Day, 10004=Month, 10005=Year, 10006=Week day. But this setting is independent with PLC

Edited by Abdul Wajid

yes i need to tie it to the PLC unfortunately, its for controlling operation of a machine through throughout the week. the plc time needs to be adjusted by operators for different time zones and converting from GMT to BST etc

ive got it doing what i want it to now via the MOVD instructions settings the bytes for the DATE instruction and have reassigned words to make it a bit nicer, i would still like to know if there is a way of altering bytes in nb designer.

while im on the topic, is there a tick box somewhere for numerical displays which makes it always show zeros in front of a number? for instance i am displaying date here and displays it as 24/6/20 but i would much rather it be 24/06/20