mr_electrician

SYSMAC Studio Project Type

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.  I am going to start programming a new log in routine using ST and Ladder and want to set it up as a separate project until it has been fully tested.  Normally when I do a new project in SYSMAC I select the type to be Standard Project.  This lead me to wonder what the other two options (Library Project and IAG Project) are for and when you would use them???

Thanks for your input.

Project Types.jpg

Library project is for building Libraries.  A library is a file that contains custom data types, functions, function blocks, etc. that you would want to use in other programs.  When you include a library in your project, the functions and function blocks will show up in the toolbox for you to use.

IAG project is for creating custom objects that can be used on HMI screens.  Similar concept to a library but for the NA screen.

10 minutes ago, Michael Walsh said:

Library project is for building Libraries.  A library is a file that contains custom data types, functions, function blocks, etc. that you would want to use in other programs.  When you include a library in your project, the functions and function blocks will show up in your toolbar for you to use.

IAG project is for creating custom objects that can be used on HMI screens.  Similar concept to a library but for the NA screen.

Interesting.  I am attempting to create custom Log In screens and programming as my employer does not like the NA5 on board security. 

This new logic involving pop up's and a combination of Ladder and ST would be used in multiple projects so this may be what I should be creating.

Keep in mind that library projects and IAG projects cannot be downloaded to hardware.  They are merely libraries that can be referenced from within a standard project.

I would make it all and test it in a standard project, then you can always open 2 copies of Studio and copy it into library/IAG later.

1 person likes this