DynaxPLC

GXWorks 2 Comment Translation

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have experience translating comments. To be more specific, I have been tasked with translating all of the comments in my plant from japanese to english. We have many different series of PLCs, but they are all mitsubishi, and I will be using GXWorks 2 for 99% of them. I had the idea of writing the comments to a CSV file, Translate them there, and then just read them from CSV back into the project. I have tried numerous methods, but it seems the CSV loses format and isnt able to be read back into GXWorks. Some of these comment files have almost 10,000 comments. Do any of you have any suggestions on the best way to translate these comments over, in a more automated way than manually one-by-one.  Thanks in advance for any support you can provide!

Why don't you use the converter from Mitsubishi for Japanese to english  translation ?

FA Term translation tool

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/hmi/got/smerit/gt_works3/feature/feature03.html

It's part of GT Works but you can use it for GX Works aswell.

It's just a copy paste 

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Just now, Gambit said:

Why don't you use the converter from Mitsubishi for Japanese to english  translation ?

I wasnt aware it existed, Ive searched but havent been too successful. Is this integrated into GXWorks somehow and im missing it? Or is it a standalone?

If so, where can i obtain it?

Thanks for the reply

juts edit some info in my previous comment. I'll look up a link

Edited by Gambit