16 posts in this topic

I have E-Designer 7.52 Build 344 installed on 3 windows 7 laptops

the 2 that the problem is on are Pro 64 and the 1 thats working is Home Premium 64

but I seem to recall having this problem on the the Home one 9 years ago and getting it sorted but cant remember how

The problem

In Alarms,  Alarms

New Alarm

Alarm text: When typing cursor stays at left side and can only be moved to the right by the arrow key then jumps to left side after letter is pressed or you can type in reverse

Signal:        Typing works normal

OK:             Entry is not valid ;May not be blank

Copy: Ok: Same result

Properties:Ok:Same again

Is there anyone who can help me with this as the laptop that works is on its last legs

Thanks

E-terminals are end of life. You should consider converting to GOT.

Mitsubishi has a converter which will do a large part of your project

Edited by Gambit

Yes they've been unavailable for a few years now and GOT is the Mitsubishi replacement but it seems a shame to consign a perfectly good HMI to the bin for the sake of a couple of alarms

I tried using gtc2 ver3.25b to convert the project but found it poor it converted the images but no device numbers and even when I put details in I foud the page switching didn't work even when I put new buttons on. I eventualy built it from scratch is there a better version I should be using

Thank you for your advice

There is a newer version 3.605. You should give it a try.

As for the E-Designer issue why not install it on an virtual machine

Cant find the newer version anywhere not even on my misubishi

On the E-Designer It looks like I'll have to go down the virtual route although not sure I can get hold of XP SP2 software which I think is what I need

I have the same E-Designer version as you and it runs on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine.

Generally is everything working as intended, but sometimes can't I open the alarms window in the project.

A reboot is the cure for that most times.

Also a strange behavior of the cursor as you describe it, but only when I try to edit a previously defined alarm.

We tried some Beijer iX and x2 panels and also the Mitsubishi GOT series instead of the E-1000 series.

But finally did we find a panel we liked, it is a Deif 400 series, it's a branded Exor operator panel.

Edited by Bryll

I tried virtUal XP 32 and the alarm part worked ok but when I tested it it had lost the graphic positions

I found that just moving the program files into 32 and back to 64 that graphic positions got lost

I tried a file from 2007 which would have been saved in XP Pro 64 and it tested ok

so next stop is to try to find XP Pro 64 for virtual and hope that it works

I'm basically stuck with GOT for this project but I might try others later Bryll as GOT could be a lot simpler or maybe I'm just getting old

I definitely recall having this problem before and getting it sorted either when I first started XP Pro or when I switched to 7

unfortunately I cant remember how as its a decade or more ago

I tried comparing settings for the 7 that works with the 7 that dosent but could find no difference

so i think it might be a missing file download similar idea to what you need for the help file in gx developer in 7

Since GT designer 3 i like the got. Programming it is now a lot simpler.

@ Bryll but always open to alternatives. anything special about the Deif400?

I found the Deif415 (15") panel easy to use and it comes with Windows or Linux installed.
We use the Linux version of the panel.

Up to five users can be connected at the same time with VNC, no license needed. Three ethernet ports.
The Deif panel is a branded Exor panel.
We decided to buy from Deif since they are easy to do business with and gives good support.
It's not easy to describe the advantages over the GOT, but after a while you'll find the GOT a bit "old and square".
Our largest customer used a 6,5" panel earlier, but has now realized that the HMI is the face of the machine, and a beautiful face easily opens locked doors.
He won't accept anything smaller than 15" now.

Have a look at Exor or Deif 

Bryll thanks for the info.:-2

I don't like having windows on my panels one of the reason I use the GOT. 

The Got also has the 5 clients on GT mobile with different screen resolutions and each his won screen but you so have to pay or it as for the extra ethernet port/wifi.
So how is the pricing between the two ?

I see the exor also has the big black sides like the GOT  which i don't like I was hoping they would be slimmer. Does it look mores slick in real life? I can't tell form the picture on the web

Edited by Gambit

This bug was fixed in 7.52 build 363

Thanks for your advice Nightfly

Do you know where can I get a copy or downoad from

Hi Clandy

Give Beijer in the UK a bell. Excellent team.

Hi PP

Thanks for that

They certainly are I opened a case file and had a reply in 33 mins with download link

Service witha smile

1 person likes this

and appears to work on windows 10 too