Famous_Fella

NA mapped variable not populated

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

As the title says, I use an array (1-6) of real to store some values which I want to display on my HMI. I have also created an HMI variable of datatype Single(6) and mapped it successfully to the controller array variable but the HMI array variable doesn't get populated with values. I can confirm that the original array of the controller gets filled with the data I want, but they never get transfered to the HMI. What am I missing?

Is it possible your syntax is incorrect?

Controller syntax is MyArray[1]

HMI syntax is MyArray(1)

Notice the brackets.

On 15/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, IO_Rack said:

Is it possible your syntax is incorrect?

Controller syntax is MyArray[1]

HMI syntax is MyArray(1)

Notice the brackets.

Thanks for your help. The syntax was ok, the build works fine on both HMI and PLC but the array was refusing to populate. I finally did a trick that I came up with by total luck a few months ago: I made a pseudo change to the PLC ladder code and this forced an automatic variable re-mapping. this fixed my problem. I then reverted the change back

That sounds like an older problem with Sysmac Studio. I'm using version 1.40. Now when I change a variable size (or structure member), and switch from Controller to HMI, I get a quick pop-up that states, Remapping Variables... or something like that.

You'll still need to map new variables manually.