fasyaly

C+9 on PIDAT Instruction

4 posts in this topic

Hi, could anyone help? On C+9 PIDAT parameter settings, what's the difference between the values of 0 and 1 in the bit 15 of C + 9? When I try 0 or 1, PID constants remain at the initial values that I made before, the auto tuning doesn't work.

Thanks

Try a momentary action to turn it ON using a SET instruction for C+9, Bit 15. The PIDAT instruction will automatically turn it OFF when auto-tuning is complete. It may take some time.

Whether the process should be on hold till the completion of auto-tuning? Minimum how much time it may take to complete auto-tuning ?

16 hours ago, Abdul Wajid said:

Whether the process should be on hold till the completion of auto-tuning?

The manual states, "The changes in the SV will not be reflected while autotuning is being performed." The process is being exercised during AT.

17 hours ago, Abdul Wajid said:

Minimum how much time it may take to complete auto-tuning ?

I'm not sure. I'm not a PIDAT expert and it's been a while since I've used it. It would probably be dependent on the sampling period. Also it will not complete if there is an error. Try monitoring P_ER contact directly after the PIDAT instruction.

The "Instruction Help" section has limited information. Please look at the details in the Instruction Reference manual. It explains more.