Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JacoRoselt

FactoryTalk VIew SE HMI Server issue

3 posts in this topic

Good day,

We are running FactoryTalk View SE (Network Distributed) version 7.00 (CPR 9 SR 6). We have 5 machines: Engineering Station, HMI/Data Server A, HMI/Data Server B, Operator station A and B. The FT Directory is located on Server A. Server A is Primary and Server B secondary.

I made some changes to one of the HMI Display's and added a HMI Tag with an alarm.  Tested the changes, everything worked as predicted. I then checked the status of the RSLinx, HMI and Data servers using FT Administration Console, everything was running with full redundancy. I then selected Replicate to Secondary, the replication was successful and Server B rebooted. After Server B finished rebooting, I check the status again. I found that the RSLinx and Data servers started up and was again fully redundant but the HMI Server showed that Server A was active and Server B was Ready to provide service, left it for about 10 minutes but it never changed to Standby. 

I rebooted Server B again to see if it will help but it did not. I then stopped the services on Server B, deleted the HMI Project, restored the project from a backup of Server A, but still had the same issue. I am suspecting that there might be an issue on server A because if I open FT View Studio on the engineering station, I get an error stating: Unable to open HMI Server. I have checked all network connections and everything looks fine.

Is there someone that may be able to assist me? 

The issue was resolved by rebooting Server A but this led to a loss of view on the operator stations for about 10 minutes. Hopefully this issue does not pop up again.

Thanks for posting the resolution.  I only wish more folks would do likewise.