Yap Choon Hoe

Omron NA - data type cannot be used by both mapped and unmapped variable

3 posts in this topic

Hi all:

Hope somebody will help me with the below error encounter on the NA.

I mapped a external device (NJ PLC) variable (which is a structure) to a NA Global variable and the structure is automatically created in the NA data type as expected. I then create a new NA global variable and defined its data type as the auto created structure. However i observe the created new NA global variable is highlighted with an error "a data type cannot be used by both mapped and unmapped variable ....." ( pls refer to the attached screen). 

I have found and view on the Youtube this video :"Introduction To The NA DataTypes" (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZxWnVn1CSY). that clearly show the "imported" structure can be used for unmapped NA global variable even there is some variable already mapped to external device variable (starting from the 3:50minutes mark of the video). In my NA program i would need to create such unmapped variable for my logic use.

Also i observe that i was unable to delete the auto created structure from the NA Data Types even after i deleted all variables that are defined with that specific structure. How can i delete such auto created structure in case i want to clear off some of those unused data types.

I am using Sysmac Studio version 1.30.0.17.
The HMI Device created is the NA5-9W00 (version 1.11)

OmronNA_GlobalVariableError.png

Edited by Yap Choon Hoe
updated with more informative screen capture

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution?

Go to the HMI Data Types and click on the Root View. Navigate to the controller structures and from here you can copy the data type you made and paste it into the root data types of the HMI. This isn't the perfect solution but the only way I know of to get a PLC structure on the HMI for a local variable.

Capture.JPG