Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glenn Robinson

Kinetix 300 Ethernet/IP Locks Up

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to use an Automation Direct Productivity P2000 to control a Kinetix 300 servo drive using Ethernet/IP.  I got the EIP working fine using Explicit Messaging.  The hardware enable and overtravel limits are hardwired ON.  The drive doesn't show any faults.  When I turn on the software ENABLE bit (bit 7 of byte 0 in the Output Assembly), the Ethernet communication stops.  Motionview continues to work, but if I disconnect and reconnect, it can't find the drive.  I have to physically power down the drive to reestablish Ethernet communication.  Once I power back up, EIP communication resumes with no issues.

Any thoughts?  What am I missing?

Glenn,

I think you might have wanted to post this under the Automation Direct forum.  Do you have any documentation from Automation Direct regarding E/IP or Kinetix 300 integration?  Generally, I've not heard of anyone using explicit messaging to a Kinetix Drive.  But by the same token, I'm usually using them in conjunction with Rockwell PLCs.  Maybe explicit is the only way.

By the way, their technical support group is fantastic, you should probably give them a call.