Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobodopalus

one plc connected to 2 different NB programs

4 posts in this topic

HI everyone

i was wondering if i could connect a cp1l-el to 2 different NB screens running 2 different programs.

we have a main line HMI which displays the health of the entire line with its own cj2m plc, we also have a machine which is part of the line that has its own plc(CP1l-EL) and HMI.

is it possible for me to include the cp1l in the main lines HMI so that it can display the status of that machine? or will it cause issues because it already has a program attached to it.

i dont know exactly how the NB program works does it just read the bits of data it needs to or is it constantly looking at the whole plc data list?

How do the HMI screens communicate with the screens ?

If they are communicating over the LAN network .

It may be possible to have the HMI for the line communicate with the CP1l-E .

The HMI will only ask the PLC for the data you configured and used on the pages.

sorry for a very late reply, i have been away on site :S

they were communicating over a LAN network.

i dont think i explained this very well originally, i did attempt to get it to work but couldn't figure it out at the time.

so to reexplain a bit better.

i had a CJ2M working with a NB7W HMI and a CP1l with a NB5W HMI, they are all on the same network.

both of these PLC's were operating independently with their respective HMI.

I wanted to also use the NB7W to connect to the CP1L as well to read some of its CIO bits.

when i tried it i ended up with a network error and it was towards the end of production so i didnt have much time to play with it, thinking back it could have been due to me addressing the nodes and such inccorectly but maybe also it just wasnt possible to do like that.