Totaro Ulypow

Old PLC CMQ1 cpu 21

15 posts in this topic

I replaced an old cmq1 PLC omron with another used. I've uploaded the swp syswin file with success. Now I've a problem: I didn't save the old area data in a ddm file. Someone could help me to generate area data by swp file. Best regards.

Were you able to transfer the program from the old CQM1? If so, you can power it up and transfer the memory from it as well.

What problems are you experiencing? Memory is, in most cases, user settings for you application. Do you have an HMI to input these values?

I can upload the program I saved. I haven't got a terminal to input these values, I hope I can upload them from syswin 3.4 program. I have the last question: can I retrieve user setting from the program? Thanks a lot for your help.

I'm sure that you can. Unfortunately, I have not used Syswin in a very long time so I don't remember how to do it. You'll want to Upload Memory or Transfer Memory from PLC to PC (Syswin). It should give you options to choose the memory types. (CIO, DM, HR, AR, TC, etc...) You'll want to choose DM and HR in most cases. Be careful not to overwrite memory in the old CQM1.

Maybe another forum member can give you steps to perform this.

Another option is contact your local distributer. They may have someone to visit your facility to perform this for you using CX Programmer.

CX reads the syswin Swp file and I have the equivalent CX project. It you wish I can upload it.

Yes, that would be helpful.

I'm still trying to understand your situation, exactly.

The memory was not saved with this project file.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:19 PM, Totaro Ulypow said:

I didn't save the old area data in a ddm file.

Are you able to connect to the old PLC and save the DDM file? (Like I described above)

One last thing to check. Is the builder of the machine still in business? Can you get the original data file from them?

If not, then you'll have to populate these values manually. I browsed the program briefly and found it is mostly timer values. There are some unpopulated values near the beginning of the program and near the end but it's difficult to know what the purpose is without know what the result should be.

TIM instruction will require a BCD value with 100ms resolution. TIMH instruction will require a BCD value with a 10ms resolution.

Thanks a lot. I have only a question: can you do an example of a time to store in DM area, for example a time in BCD of 1 sec.

I don't remember the functions or controls in Syswin, so I'm not sure if you can view the data in different formats. That being said, make sure you are viewing / inputting data in Hex format. Viewing in Hex is how you would also view BCD.

For the TIM (100ms resolution), 1 second would look like this:  #0010.

For the TIMH (10ms resolution)m 1 second would look like this:  #0100.

A value of #000A should give you an Error as it is not a valid BCD value.