Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spud

GX Works 2 Analogue

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am a new member from England!

I am hoping to learn from this forum, and indeed contribute (eventually). I am not new to general simple programming, but analogue is a new one for me, and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have looked at a few youtube videos, but these dont always explain fully, or have no explanation at all!

What I am trying to do, is get an analogue input (0-10V) to operate an internal relay, a bit like a trip amp. This is for a weighing application, and the threshold will eventually be adjustable with a GOT screen. Basically, I want to have the analogue value of , let's say 7 volts, energise M5. Anything below 7 volts and M5 de-energises, but anything above 7 volts, and M5 stays energised. I hope this makes sense! The PLC is an brand new FX, with an analogue module, and I understand I need a device number from the analogue module instruction manual.

This is probably relatively simple, but me being a bit of a newbie, I am getting a bit bogged down with it all.

Some of the online videos show the analogue ladder instruction preceded by an M8000 (or similar) instruction. What is the purpose of this?

Thanks in advance.

Good morning.

I trust you are doing well

What model of FX PLC do you have? 

I will quickly write you some sample code on the comparison to switch on bit M5.

Once I know what FX PLC you are using ill send you the relevant documents on the analog

So below is a sample of the Greater and Equal than function

M8000 is a always on bit in the PLC. As long as the PLC is in run mode this bit will be on.

D1 in my example will be from you analog

D0 is your setpoint

M5 is your output

So when D1 is equal or greater than D0, M5 will be high. When D1's value goes below D0 setpoint value, M5 will be low

GE_E.PNG

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, MitsProgrammer said:

Good morning.

What model of FX PLC do you have? 

I will quickly write you some sample code on the comparison to switch on bit M5.

Once I know what FX PLC you are using ill send you the relevant documents on the analog

Hello

The PLC is an FX3S20M with FX3G-2AD-BD module. I am used to ladder programming, as opposed to function block, if that makes any difference.

Kind Regards

Spud

Good morning

Please see attached manual and ladder sample for using greater or equal function. To access the function you need to type and<= and then your variable and then your setpoint. When you use a GOT to change the setpoint you can use a register. When you use a constant then you put K18000 as per example. K18000 will be a fixed value. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/334n9g7liyk3l6y/AAAijUVidxY7eMINhijbyxWOa?dl=0

GE_E Ladder.PNG

Thanks. This has helped a lot. Just have to figure out the GOT programming now.

Good morning

Below is a link for GOT training videos and a manual you can download. Part 3 covers the GOT

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/satellite/index.html

You can also go to the link below for some additional training 

https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/e-learning/eng.html

Edited by MitsProgrammer
Additional Information