Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miguel.itlac

FX5UJ issue Label Area capacity

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

Im Programming a FXUJ with Gx works 3 V 1.063R, and it seems i ran out of Label area capacity for using a FB in addition Labels and i get a error where indicates i should choose label  eassignment at rebuilding all but is greyed out  so i cant select that option then when i head to Device/label Area memory setting m not able to change any setting.

Does anybody knows how to Fix this or the reason of it?

Thank you Once again.

capacity label.png

Edited by Miguel.itlac

I checked the Manual and indeed, i cannot change the content only check, but then what? that means i wont be able to create FB's?

Good day Sir

I trust you are doing well

I had a look and the FX5UJ has a memory limit of 35K. User defined function blocks use up memory quicker that writing in standard ladder. If you do run out of memory you will have to consider a bigger PLC or changing to use ladder instead of function blocks

Good day Sir

One option you can have a look at it to use a SD Memory Card. You can story your FB Files on the memory card instead of on the PLC memory. The CPU will read the FB then from the memory card. Please refer to your e-Manual Viewer for more details

Another point is the FX5UJ only has a program capacity of 48K Steps compare the to FX5U that has a program capacity of 128K steps which can be changed on later versions

unfortunately i do not have an SD card but I exported my program to a new project with the same CPU and now there is no error.

Thank you for being of help.