Wojtiqs

GE Series ONE program listing

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have an old GE series one driver in the machine.
Unfortunately, the CPU has been damaged.
I have a program listing on a piece of paper and I would like to type in a new driver, e.g. Omron CJ1M but I have a problem with deciphering a part of the program.

On the first page the output is "SOR"
and in input at the D630.

scan1.jpg

scan2.jpg

scan3.jpg

SOR (Set Out Reset) is a one-shot coil. When the controlling logic is true the coil and all contacts associated with it are true for one program scan. Controlling logic must go false and then true again to get another pulse.

D630 is a special sequencer contact associated with the CNT instruction addressed to address 630. The -] [- contact addressed to D630 #0001 is true when the accumulated value in CNT 630 is equal to 1. The -] [- contact addressed to D630 #0016 is true when the accumulated value in CNT 630 is equal to 16, etc.

I don't blame you for wanting to replace it, but you can still buy replacement parts from Automation Direct. The product formerly known as the GE Series One (also the TI305 and Siemens/TI305) was manufactured by Koyo and is now sold as the DL305.

1 person likes this

Wow!  Had no idea that was taken over by Koyo.  Last time I saw a Series One was 1985 in my college lab.  And there was no remote programming tool to my knowledge, rather just the keypad.

It was never "taken over" by Koyo. It was always a Koyo product brand labeled as GE, then TI, then Siemens when it bought TI's PLC business. Eventually PLCs became enough of a commodity item that Koyo was able to start PLC Direct to market their products directly to the end consumers without going through a network of distributors and factory reps. Then they broadened their range of products and changed the name to Automation Direct. 

1 person likes this

The machine was manufactured in 1988. and works in Poland. The controller has a damaged memory. I have the Omron CJ1M-CPU11 PLC in stock as well as ID211 and OC211 outputs which I think should match.
I just wonder how to transfer functions that I wrote to the new driver at the beginning.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the history Steve! I ran into a Siemens TI305 a long time ago. When I called tech support, they sent me to Automation Direct. I was quite confused. No time for a history lesson at that time, customer just needed to get up and running.

1 person likes this

On 15.05.2020 at 11:06 PM, Steve Bailey said:

It was never "taken over" by Koyo. It was always a Koyo product brand labeled as GE, then TI, then Siemens when it bought TI's PLC business. Eventually PLCs became enough of a commodity item that Koyo was able to start PLC Direct to market their products directly to the end consumers without going through a network of distributors and factory reps. Then they broadened their range of products and changed the name to Automation Direct. 

Steve thanks for the info. I didn't know that this series of drivers was being continued by Siemens and Koyo. I was able to get the Simatic Data Communication Unit TI305-03DM. I communicate with GE Series One without any problem.

Steve nice history lesson.  I had worked with a 5TI PLC in Tech College years ago, and the Koyo's later on, but never knew the full history.