Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mahnasr

FANUC servo amplifier

4 posts in this topic

Hi.
I'm new with FANUC and looking for a FANUC amplifier which cover more range of FANUC servo motors comparing to others, Just for test run in my workshop (running free of load).
I know FANUC has alpha and beta series, but don't know what is the difference.
For now have a beta 2/3000 (A06B-0032 ...) servo motor, but know I will need to test different types in coming days.
Here is some questions:

1. What is the difference between alpha and beta series? Is there any other type which can cover more motors?

2. Do I need to buy a FANUC power module too? what is the topology for test run?

3. Is there any combiniation error in FANUC amps and motors (like mitsubishi and yaskawa)? If yes, Is there anyway to bypass the combination error?

4. Could it be problematic for smaller motors to test them by more powerful amps?

Best regards

As far as I know every model Alpha and Beta amplifier has a set of motors it is compatible with. Generally the recommendation is to pair alpha motors with alpha amplifiers and beta motors with beta amplifiers for best performance even though there is some cross-compatibility between alpha motors and beta amps and beta motors and alpha amps.

What kind of testing are you anticipating doing? What controller are you planning to use? Alpha and beta amps do not have any inherent motion control capability.

Dear Steve

Thanks for attention

Actually I'm working in a servomotor repair workshop, and has some experiences about servo motors from different brands, But new with FANUC as I said.

My goal is to provide a topology in lower cost with witch can test the motors after repairing mechanically, and of course after aligning the new mounted encoders on servo motors.

That's why I'm looking for something like general amplifier which pass the more range of motors. I thought that maybe it is not necessary to have a controller for this procedure; (Cause I'm doing this without any controller in other japanesse brands like Mitsubishi and Yaskawa). Or am I wrong and the things is different with FANUC? You say it.

I had guessed that alpha series can have issues with beta series (in amp and motors both). Then I saw the  "Beta Series AC Servo Motor Descriptions Manual" says that I have a lot of choices for beta 2/3000 motor like:

beta series servo
amplifier unit
(PWM interface)
SVU–12 A06B–6093–H101

beta series servo
amplifier unit
(I/O Link interface)
SVU–12 A06B–6093–H151

alpha series servo
amplifier module
SVM1–12 A06B–6079–H101
SVM2–12/12
SVM2–12/20
SVM2–12/40
A06B–6079–H201
A06B–6079–H202
A06B–6079–H204
SVM3–12/12/12
SVM3–12/12/20
SVM3–12/20/20

So I thought that maybe there is some general amps that can pass more range of motors just for testing in free load?

Regards

I don't believe you can rotate an alpha or beta motor without a motion controller connected to the amplifier. But it has been several years since I used them so things may have changed.

1 person likes this