WKTilton

Software Update "Admin rights" issue....

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone had issues using the Auto-Updater and Administrative Rights?  I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit.  I need to update Sysmac Studio from 1.31 to 1.4.....when I run Auto Updater (as Administrator) I always get the error "Log on the PC as a user who has an administrative right when install" and it never makes it past the first module of the CX-One Update.  I even gave the issue over to my IT guy and he has absolute full rights to every nook and cranny on my laptop.

I was told that I needed to allow the CX-One to updates as well since they share some of the same components.

My IT guy even tried to do the "download" and install individual modules of the update and that still didn't work.

Currently waiting on callback from OMRON Tech Support, thought I'd pose the question here as well....thanks.

That is odd.  Try to right click on the update executable and select run as administrator.  I am guessing the same thing will happen, but worth a shot.

Yes, I have tried that.  I have been told "it's a Windows thing", but you would think that my IT guy would know what to do......  I have asked a couple other Engineers at a customer's site if they had any issues and they did not :?

This probably won't help at all, but...

Rockwell products, when installed, use a thing called FactoryTalk Administrative Manager and Console.  Generally, most people don't realize that it has a default admin and pw (it's buried deep in the documentation).  We usually change this by adding a new user and pw and add to the administrators group.

Any chance CX-One has something like that?  Maybe then login to the PC as that user and try the updater again?

I wish I knew :?  The only thing I have had to do in the background with respect to OMRON software was to shut off some of the 'Services' in Windows as they interfered with some Ethernet connections with a different software package......

UPDATE.....

Just thought I’d let you know I got it to work…..  I remembered an issue we had trying to install CX-One software a long time ago and went looking for notes on what we had to do.

I found a ‘work around’ for a ‘CXServer_Installation_Operation_Failed’ issue….  One option was to use RegEdit and change an entry called EnableInstallerDetection from a 0 to a 1.  Since the Auto Updater was trying to Update/Install CX-One Software first….I gave it a try….

My software is now up to date.

1 person likes this

Thank coming back to update with your solution.