LD_M

CX Common Components / CPS Upgrade Fail

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just opened my CX- Programmer and to find an software installation ( CX Common  Components / CPS Upgrade ), and this results in a failure.  Even when cancelling the update will still continue the update, and it will eventually looped back. The software can only be closed thru the task manager application.

The update failure is CX Common Compnents / CPS Version Upgrade Software_2020.04_0401.

I tried running the auto update, but there were no available updates for the CX-Programmer. I just installed the latest omron updates last week.

Anybody having the same issues on the CX Common Components failure? If you were able to solved this issue, kindly share what have you done / or links to where I can find the solution.

Thank you.

Regards.

Leo

Omron CX Common Components_CPS Version Upgrade 2020.PNG

CPS Failure.PNG

Some AV software interferes with the installation. Avira antivirus in particular. Perform a clean boot in windows and try the installation again. 

I have an omron automation software update only last week, and the updates were installed.  I have no error after that update, it is only this week when I tried opening the cx programmer, that this issue pops out.

I will try to temporarily disable my AV, and then check if the installation will be completed.

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried disabling the anti-virus and do a clean reboot, but still the same failure.

Anybody who have a copy of automation software update files, for the CX Common Components? could you kindly share the files? so that I can re-install the " missing files ".

Anyone experiencing the same issues? on the CX- Common Components / CPS Version Upgrade Software installation failure?

Thanks and regards.

@alfi_yasin I believe that he uninstalled CX-One and ran the uninstaller utility to clean it completely out and reinstalled.  I tried to just send the upgrade files, but he was unable to make it work.  

CX One has been updated a few times since the start of this post. You didn't mention what version you are trying to install.

Have you tried the Auto Update?

Did you try to uninstall CX One then reinstall?

i having issue when i put in IO Table module  Position Controller with ethercat . Ex: CJ1W-NC481/2, NC881/882, NCF81/F82 and this  error message show.

Screenshot 2020-12-23 140306.png

On 12/21/2020 at 7:33 AM, IO_Rack said:

Have you tried the Auto Update?

Did you try to uninstall CX One then reinstall?

First, perform the Omron Automation Software AutoUpdate. If there are on new updates then uninstall CX One completely and reinstall. 

CX Programmer is trying open Position Control Unit (Support for EtherCAT) Setting Component. This is integrated software for CX Programmer. There is no separate download for it that I'm aware of.