mr_electrician

Error when adding Area Scanner to NX Safety??

2 posts in this topic

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here but I am playing around with a test bench model of the NX Safety PLC (SL3300) and am having issues adding the sencond OSSD channel of a SICK Micro Scan 3 area scanner.  

I have a 24V signal coming from both OSSD1 and 2 and can see that on the SID800 Safety Input Card as well.  Also I can see on the Parameters Page both channels respond when online.

Does anyone know why SYSMAC will not let me add the second channel into the global variable table????

I have attached a couple images to show what is happening.

OSSD2 Error.jpg

Scanner Input.jpg

Logic Input.jpg

Yes, your error is here:

5eb70cf3982ff_Invalid2ndchannel.thumb.jp

Once you define a device, you use one variable for the state of that device (whether it is a single or dual channel device).  Remove OSSD2 and then use OSSD1 (or perhaps a rename it to a better name like AreaScanner1 or something) in the program.  On function blocks that require 2 inputs, put that name in for both entries.  I believe that if you were to hover over the red rectangle in the image above it would tell you that you cannot name the second channel of a two channel device.  The Guard monitoring FB has two inputs in case you want to use two different safety switches on one door.  I would recommend using the SF_ESPE function block though.

So, you would define it like this:

GlobalVars.jpg.3c404ec596663d2f9c3cec5c6

I happened to choose the next two available inputs in my project, but you can see that only the first input is labelled. 

And then the FB would look like this (I only filled in the activate and input, you can choose what you want for the others):

5eb70f32d54cf_ESPEFB.jpg.abf4ff6ab589095