Shadofox

Fx5u and d700-sc not communicating

5 posts in this topic

Hello. 

I'm a newbie. 

First project. So I need to connect the inverter to PLC and I have used inverters RS485 port and PLCs inverter input. I have made sure the wiring is correct and used a 100 ohm resistor as was shown in the manual. At least I hope its correct. 

I have set most of the parameters as follows:

P117 0

P118 192

P119 1

P120 2

P121 1

P122 9999

P124 0

P340 10

P502 0

P549 0

But still when I'm loading work on PLC then Module diagnostics is hitting me the error code H7602 that the communication has timed out and I don't know what to do. 

Is it my parameters? I have checked the parameters in the gx works 3 also so they matched and now I'm stumped. 

Please help

Good day

1. What information and control do you require with the VFD? 

2. You want to use the Modbus RTU protocol?

Good day

Here is a couple of important guidelines to use for the communication. I have also attached a document for communication between a CS VFD. The parameter setup and PLC setup will be the same. Hope this will help.

D700 Communication Port.PNG

iQF-Modbus 2019.pdf

Thank you I have been using that schematics for the connection and I will triple check it again. But I'm reading it correctly that I don't have to use the pins 2 and 8? And I have to ground together 1 and 7 in the same terminal? Maybe I have mixed up the send receive terminals... 

But are the parameters that I have to but in the inverter correct? 

I need to use the VFD to control a motor (basic forward and backward movement in different speeds) through the operator panel. but thus far I can't get anyone speaking with each other, I suspect it's because I can't get PLC and the VFD communicating. 

Thank you in advance 

Did you read the PDF document I have sent you? All the parameters required is there and the plc programming to get the inverter to communicate. 

I have used this for a couple of setups and always work 100%