Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
olivier123

NB-designer doesn't show bit switches

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am creating an HMI in NB-designer, but I can't use the bit switches properly. I can use the Local Bit memory, but when I switch to W-bit memory, all the switches will disappear. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

screen1.png

screen2.png

One way that the buttons disappear is if you don't have communications established.  The other way would be program issues, but it is difficult to tell that without the program.

I don't have a communication yet, so that could be the issue. Still having issues with the communication. I have used this  https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1539  omron article to set my communication, but i still get the PLC no response error on the HMI. Any tips to solve that specific problem? After solving that problem I can take a look whether the communication resolves the problem with the bit switch. Btw I have put the PLC0 IP address in the PLC, so that's definitely not the problem

EDIT: I changed the default gateway to 0.0.0.255 and the communication worked. I'll take a look if the bit switches will also work

netwerk2.png

netwerk1.png

Edited by olivier123

I am surprised that it even lets you put that in for a default gateway.  That is definitely an invalid IP Address.

15 hours ago, Michael Walsh said:

I am surprised that it even lets you put that in for a default gateway.  That is definitely an invalid IP Address.

I searched around on the internet and I noticed that, so I'll change it to a valid address

On 04/05/2020 at 2:46 PM, olivier123 said:

Hello everyone,

I am creating an HMI in NB-designer, but I can't use the bit switches properly. I can use the Local Bit memory, but when I switch to W-bit memory, all the switches will disappear. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

screen1.png

screen2.png

I also experienced same problem but my problem was solved by changing address like instead of using address for W bit like 90.1, 90.2, 90.3 I used 90.1, 90.6, 90.11 by this it solved my problem of disappearing of bit switch.