koelkommer

Connecting Danfoss FC102 VSD's to Profibus

2 posts in this topic

Good Morning everyone!

I have an existing Profibus network which is used for monitoring only, it has a Mitsubishi Q series Profibus master and 7 slaves, works perfectly. I want to add 2 x Danfoss FC102 drives to the network (also for monitoring only). I have downloaded the Danfoss GSD files and installed those using GX configurator now I need to either find some already made Function Blocks to go into GX IEC Developer or I have to make them myself. I have not done the latter before but can be quite a quick learner given time. Has anyone here done this before? Maybe someone could steer me in the right direction.

Thanking you all in advance and be safe stay at home if possible (away from the virus).

On 5/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, koelkommer said:

Good Morning everyone!

I have an existing Profibus network which is used for monitoring only, it has a Mitsubishi Q series Profibus master and 7 slaves, works perfectly. I want to add 2 x Danfoss FC102 drives to the network (also for monitoring only). I have downloaded the Danfoss GSD files and installed those using GX configurator now I need to either find some already made Function Blocks to go into GX IEC Developer or I have to make them myself. I have not done the latter before but can be quite a quick learner given time. Has anyone here done this before? Maybe someone could steer me in the right direction.

Thanking you all in advance and be safe stay at home if possible (away from the virus).

Hi koelkommer.

So you have added the 2 nodes your profibus configuration- good.

You need to save your configuration and download to the PLC.

From memory- these GSD files have different "PPO Types". I think before I used "PPO Type 3". This provided x2 16-bit variable outputs. I think there was also x2 input 16bit variables which had the status bits inside. 

All I then had to do was write the commanded speed into the second Data register (16 bit). It should be as simple as that.

Here I attach the links to Danfoss resources.

Let us know if you need any further info.

https://www.danfoss.com/en-gb/products/ac-drives/dds/vlt-hvac-drive-fc-102/#tab-documents

Profibus addresses can be defined via dipswitches or via inverter paramaters.

Regards

Daniel

It was as simple as that. 

Edited by collinsd70