Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zakarya

Put DC to vfd

4 posts in this topic

I have D700-SC vfd , and i want to know if i can put DC voltage from solar panels ?

Most likely not.  The power to the vfd is expected to be frequency.  If your DC is in a frequency mode, it might work.  More than likely you could install a DC version of a VFD and the output of the DC VFD could then be used as power source to the AC VFD.

One other possibility is if you have access to the DC Bus of the VFD, you might be able to connect there directly, not all VFDs offer this.

Edited by pcmccartney1

6 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Most likely not.  The power to the vfd is expected to be frequency.  If your DC is in a frequency mode, it might work.  More than likely you could install a DC version of a VFD and the output of the DC VFD could then be used as power source to the AC VFD.

One other possibility is if you have access to the DC Bus of the VFD, you might be able to connect there directly, not all VFDs offer this.

Many thanks for the informations, much appreciated.

Check with Mitsubishi to see if there is an add on option for your inverter to accept DC.  This would bypass the AC to DC converter and allow you to apply a DC to the "Common DC Bus".  The drive should then still be able to control the IGBTs to power 3-Phase DC power to the motor.

1 person likes this