Ahmedhamdi

LM90 upload

5 posts in this topic

Hi every one, i have old injuction machine running through ge  fanuc plc, and now i have lm90 but idont have any experience  with it, i need your help. To pull the program from the.plc 

Screenshot_20200430-133247.png

You'll need to run Logicmaster on an older computer running nothing newer than XP. Best success will be on a machine with  real serial port. I've not had much success uploading/downloading with Logicmaster through a USB/serial converter. Once you have Logicmaster running you can connect to any of the three serial ports. The two ports with cables connected in your picture are RS485. The unconnected port 1 I RS232.

Are you sure the program in the PLC was created using Logicmaster? If it was created with VersaPro or Proficy Machine Edition, Logicmaster won't be able to open it.

Edited by Steve Bailey

Than you for reply, yes program is written using lm90 its old  injection machine, i have download lm90 and i run in xp. But i didnt know how to open the file i have using lm90.there is option to creat new file but open existing file i couldnt do this , i have the files ..PKA , .PKC .PKL  .PKO  .PKR  but i dont know how to open on lm90.

I dont have good exp on logic master .

Those files are backup files created by Logicmaster. Here's a method to use them.

First, using Logicmaster, create a new folder using the correct name. Save it. Then go into edit mode and when Logicmaster asks if you want to make a backup, answer 'yes'. Add a rung of logic. It doesn't matter what you put in it. It will be overwritten when you restore from the backup files. Save your edits and exit Logicmaster.

Now locate the project folder with Windows Explorer. The normal location is C:\LM90\Myfolder. You should also see C:\LM90\myfolder\Backup. That 'Backup' directory was created by Logicmaster. Copy and paste the PKA, PKC, PKL, PKO and PKR files into the C:\LM90\myfolder\Backup directory. Let the paste procedure overwrite the existing files.

Reopen Logicmaster, launch your project and use Logicmaster's restore procedure.

1 person likes this

Thank you Steve that was a big  help.and now i open the files on LM90 . 

Many thanks

1 person likes this