RobinEriksen

PanelView Runtime app

8 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have encountered yet another thing that I am not sure about. 

I started to upload Runtime apps from some PanelView HMI's we have. Some of them have several Runtime apps stored on the internal storage. One of them have 6 apps stored. 

How can I know which one the HMI is running? I would like to senere all the other and only have the current one stored. 

I cannot find a button to exit to the setup pages unfortunately. 

Is there a way to then view which app is running, and maybe even enger the setup pages?

When you cycle to power on a PanelView, while it's booting up a white box will appear in the lower left corner. Press this and it should take you to the configuration screen. 

OR... plug a USB keyboard into one of the PanelViews USB ports. Cycle the power and hold down F1 and this will also take you to the configuration screen.

From within the configuration screen display you can see which .MER is currently loaded, and can also delete the unwanted projects from the File Management display. 

Before downloading the next .MER, make sure that you include a go to configuration screen button somewhere in the project.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

Thank you. I will try when I get back to work on monday.

I have read about the little white square but I have never been able to see it. Is it there on all firmwares?

I have not tried to hold down f1 during power on. I hope it works :)

The little white square should be there on everything in PanelView using 5.0 or above. That said, frankly, it doesn't always work. However, holding F1 on a USB keyboard during power-up and boot has worked for me every time without fail.

The panel is running version 3.1 so the white square does not appear. 

I had no luck with holding F1 on a USB keyboard. The panel still loaded the current application during power up.

Do you have any other suggestions I could try?

Was the keyboard plugged directly into the HMI's logic module via a USB cable?

I need to know what specific model of PanelView you're working on. 

Okay. I figured out how to get to the config screen and see which app is running. Not the best way but it worked. 

I started reading a lot online and saw that the panelview can run a autorun.bat file. So I made a autoscript on a USB that copies the files from the HMI to the USB and deletes them from the HMI. Then I rebooted the HMI and when it tries to run the application I get an error saying that it cannot load current app. And that is where I could see the name. After that it took me to the config screen. 

So now I could upload the correct file and start up again :)

1 person likes this

Robin - Thanks for posting your solution.  Quite often people get an answer and solve a problem without providing feedback to help others.