AngelB

Mitsubishi PLC does not connect to PC.

8 posts in this topic

When working with the FX5U plc and establishing a connection, the following error appeared.

In the ethernet state it only sends packets but does not receive, I have already configured the default IP: 192.168.3.250, mask: 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.3.1.

However, the same error continues to appear. the indicator LED of the PLC is on but static.

I am new to programming Mitsubishi PLC and I don't know what could be the error, someone help me please.

Captura2.JPG

Captura3.JPG

HI Angel. In your pc setting you can just set your ip and dns to obtain it automatically. 
Next plug the ethernet cable directly from pc to plc and try communication test.

It should solve your problem. 

1 person likes this

I have already configured it manually and automatically but it still does not connect, and it does not receive data packets as shown by the images I uploaded of the ethernet status.

8 hours ago, AngelB said:

I have already configured the default IP: 192.168.3.250, mask: 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.3.1.

How can you have configured anything if you don't have any communication with the PLC. you cannotrhave doanloaded the config.
Just give you the ethernetcard of your computer an IP adres. (For direct connection it won't matter).in

Now For your Destination connection/transfer setup choose the correct ehternet card of your computer by pressing the Ethernet board.
Now click on PLC module and choose direct connection.

You should now be able to download your program with the ip settings for the PLC you want to use

1 person likes this

The problem is that the GX Works 3 software does not detect the PLC and sends the error "cannot communicate with the PLC".
These are the steps that I am taking to relax communication and send me the same error again.
Note: The IP is configured in automatic.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Hi AngelB,  try select the directly connect to CPU. 
Next click on the communication test. 
It should be working. 
For additional, make sure that you are connecting your pc and plc without any hub or ethernet adapter. It MUST be directly connect. 

Capture.PNG

1 person likes this

Like I Said before
" Just give you the ethernetcard of your computer an IP adres. (For direct connection it won't matter) "

The FX5 is not a DHCP server it won't give out IP addresses.!!!!
You will need to give your PC's ethernet card an IP address

Than the direct connection will work !!!

After you've given the FX5 the IP address you want it to have you can than create the ethernet connection.

In that case the IP address of your pc  and the one of the FX5 should be in the same segment. for instance 192.50.50.xx

1 person likes this

The problem has been solved by reloading the program that worked before the failure using the sd card, the problem could arise from an internal deconfiguration of the PLC at the time that I made changes for a communication with TCP protocol.