mb4254

FX5U MODBUS-TCP Communication with Jetson Nano

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect FX5U PLC and Jetson Nano using ethernet cable. I wrote the program according to the FX5U ethernet manual. The program in the manual is in Ladder format, I converted in into function block format and had a problem. What should I write the "U0" inputs? In the ladder diagram, there is not any value for U0.

Untitled.png

I wrote the same program in ladder diagram according to the manual, had error again.

Untitled.png

Also, I added the ethernet port settings. Are the settings true? Could you please show me the right way to prepare the true settings?

Untitled.png

If there is anyone who connected them on RS-485, I can try that way also.

With my best regards.

Edited by mb4254
Images and the text are edited.

Why don't you just use the FB ??

Capture2.JPG

Thanks for your reply.

I added the function. However, I do not know what should I write for Modbuss Address. Also, I see in the e-Manual Viewer that this function works for only PLC-PLC Modbus communication. Or I get it wrong?

1.png

1.png

Any modbus device will work. As for the modbus address you need to write to This you should find in the manual of the modbus slave 

1 person likes this

I communicated with Jetson Nano, but not via Modbus TCP. I used USB-RS485 serial converter and Non-procedural communication method. There is an attached short brief of the communication process in pdf. The language is Turkish. It is easy to understand the method by looking at the figures. I will add English version when I have time to translate.

PLC - Jetson Nano Seri Haberleşme.pdf

To bad you didn't get it working via modbus TCP but all quickstart documentation  is welkcome 

1 person likes this

hello team, i am in a pickle! very similar situation.

tried this FB which seems to do what i need, but i am not a Modbus expert.

1st the connection would not open, the when i got it complete, the command completed didnt happened, i put 2 fb one for read other for write, i i got it to complete, but gives me general error.

Drive is set up ok, FRE700-NE for modbus, i can modscan it no probs, but is the PLC i am struggling with.

i just have 1 slave, ip 192.168.3.1, PLC 250, yet i cannot set freq. and start forward....really frustrating, this is why i prefer CClinkIEFB.

Any advise?

MEU+FX5UCPU_ModbusTCP_00B_Clientv2.gx3

I managed to get by using SImple PLC comms, so easy....compared to other methods.

1 person likes this